Monday, September 5

Can’t send header. Header is already sent” in Magento - Tips to solve the problem

In this article I will show you quick tip that will help you solve common problems in Magento: “Can’t send header. Header already sent” in Magento.

I got this error when I have managed to bring back the client store. Basically, this error happens when there is an extra space or character outside the the php tag . Thanks to the help of excellent Magento users, I have been able to solve it. I think it will be useful if I explained steps by steps what I personally have done so that you can reference it later. When this error happens, you should try the following things.

Open the file that has the problem. In my case, this file is index.php in the site root of Magento.

Open the file with some text editors that supports the encoding. I prefer Notepad++ because its great support in multi languages as well as encoding.

If you open it by Notepad++, click on the menu Encoding, click on UTF-8 without BOM. Save it and then re-upload it to the server.

We just save the error file in the UTF-8 encoding to make sure that everything extra space, line is wiped out. Encoding without BOM ensures you will not have any extra, unwanted characters in the file that prevent it from being executed properly.

Hope it Helps... Thanks..

No comments:

Post a Comment